The Surf Club Four Seasons Private Residences
Surfside, FL 33154
Kevin Tomlinson, broker-associate for Calibre International Realty in Miami Beach, describes The Surf Club Four Seasons Private Residences as a rare bird of paradise.
“People talk about Miami Beach being the American Riviera, but The Surf Club is one of few properties that truly exemplifies it. The combination of provenance, five-star service and new construction by Richard Meier is unparalleled here, which is why this condo and hotel deserves to be one of the area's most expensive residences.”
The Surf Club, the former stomping ground for elites like Winston Churchill, Liz Taylor and the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, is back for a new generation of jet-setters. Historically significant portions of the circa-1930 private club such as Peacock Alley are being meticulously restored as common areas for the new luxury Surfside condo and hotel due in February 2016.
The remainder has been razed to make way for three new glass towers, each with 12 stories, as well as four pools and posh cabanas, designed by star architect Richard Meier. Surf Club Four Seasons marks his Miami debut, which alone makes it the talk of South Florida real estate.
The days of acquiring a parcel of land this size in Miami Beach are long gone. The eight-acre Surf Club is situated along 880 feet of prime, wide beach in Surfside, Fla., a charming neighborhood just south of the Bal Harbour Shops, whose designer brands are anchored by Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue.
Hospitality veteran Four Seasons cherry-picked the locale and partnership’s winning combination for its first boutique hotel worldwide. To top it off, Casa Tua, which operates hot spots in South Beach and Aspen, is coming on board with haute seafood dining concept Casa Tua Mare.
It’s no wonder Meier himself purchased a home at The Surf Club Four Seasons Private Residences. He certainly doesn’t need an introduction as the architect behind several major institutions, including The Getty Center in Los Angeles, the High Museum in Atlanta and the Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art. Besides being the youngest recipient of the Pritzker Prize for architecture, he received an AIA Gold Medal and Japan’s Praemium Imperiale award for a lifetime achievement in the arts.
Surf Club Miami Beach is configured for optimum privacy and views. The low-density Surfside neighborhood and property layout lend a warm, intimate quality. This coveted spaciousness means more views of azure blue ocean and fewer neighboring structures. Deeply analyzing what defines a great home by the shore, Meier concluded roomy exteriors for entertaining and relaxing as true extensions of luxe living.
Penthouses have natural, light-filled courtyards and grand rooftop terraces with lap pools, summer kitchens and cabana baths. But it isn’t just penthouse owners who enjoy breakfast with a breeze and sunset-kissed cocktails at The Surf Club Four Seasons Private Residences. East- and west-facing residential units boast balconies up to 12 feet deep, with glass valances to camouflage concrete and enhance far-reaching views.
Many buyers are attracted by the developer’s trustworthy reputation. Fort Capital, which also developed Capri South Beach, the crown jewel of West Avenue, is a privately owned, real estate investment management company that specializes in South Florida and the Caribbean. As of March 2014, The Surf Club exceeded $500 million in executed reservations based mainly on word of mouth.
Winston Churchill. The Duke and Duchess of Windsor. Liz Taylor. You?
The glamorous history of The Surf Club Four Seasons Private Residences
The Surf Club Four Seasons Private Residences - Building Amenities
- Four pools, one exclusively for condo residents, set in a lush garden landscape
- Full-service, 8,800-square-foot, luxurious spa with saunas, steam rooms, and treatment and relaxation rooms
- Three fitness centers (one in each tower), fully equipped and bathed in natural light
- Access to a private health and wellness center with state-of-the-art fitness equipment and private training rooms
- Beach cabanas with full baths, which may be reserved
- Round-the-clock staff, including concierge, housekeeping, valet, pet grooming, car washing service and security
- Gourmet market and retail stores
- Landscaping by Fernando Wong
- Haute seafood restaurant Casa Tua Mare in hotel
- Hotel’s main restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Jacques Grange, whose clients range from Princess Caroline of Monaco to the Mark Hotel in New York, is in charge of the interior for the hotel’s main restaurant
- Winston Churchill lounge in hotel
- Dedicated service elevators for staff and deliveries
The Surf Club Four Seasons Private Residences - Residence Features
- One- to six-bedroom furniture-ready condo residences
- Condos range from 1,200 to nearly 8,000 square feet, with up to 20-foot ceilings
- Richard Meier-selected finishes, materials, color palette, hardware and interior details
- Numerous corner residences with endless views of Miami, the bay and the ocean
- Vistas with sunrise to sunset exposure and an open flow of space
- Private elevators and vestibules for every unit
- Boffi chef's kitchen with custom cabinetry, side-by-side refrigerator and wine storage, six-burner gas cooktop, true exhaust kitchen hood and dishwasher
- Wine cellars in most units
- Large master suites with two baths and two dressing rooms with custom closets
- Custom, expansive Boffi baths with freestanding sculptural tubs
- Many residences offer staff quarters with private baths
- Ultra-high-speed connectivity, allowing for video conferencing and integrated media
- Multi-zone climate control systems
- Frameless doors in solid wood that lock and glide with the touch of a finger
- Walls without baseboards meet floors seamlessly
- Award-winning Parisian architect Joseph Dirand is designing interiors for Four Seasons’ 28 hotel residences and 77 guest rooms
- Minimalist and neutral in palette, Dirand's interiors expertly merge design, technology and fashion
Additional Features for Penthouses
- Consultation with Richard Meier and Lee Mindel to personalize floor plan
- Private landscaped rooftop terraces customized with outdoor kitchen, swimming pool, rooftop cabana, landscaped garden and outdoor shower
- Dedicated beach cabana from over 40 brand-new cabanas with full baths
- Two-car tandem, climate-controlled garage
- Sound-attenuating, concrete party walls
The Surf Club Four Seasons Private Residences - Additional Information
Ocean, bay and city
Ample, secure parking, including self-park spaces, valet service and a limited number of private, locked garage spaces
Kobi Karp Architecture and Interior Design (KKAID)
Richard Meier & Lee Mindel (condo residence interiors and public spaces); Joseph Dirand (hotel residences and guest room interiors); Jacques Grange (hotel’s main restaurant interior)
Click on a category below to find business locations and community services in this neighborhood or enter a new category into the search field.