1 Hotel & Homes South Beach
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Currently under renovation
163 private residences
“As the creator of the W and St. Regis hotel brands, Barry Sternlicht knows just what affluent consumers want. 1 Hotel & Homes South Beach will be another showcase of his discerning, ultra-luxury style,” says Kevin Tomlinson, senior vice president of ONE Sotheby’s International Realty in Miami Beach.
Sternlicht might as well be called the lifestyle whisperer. While the chairman and CEO of Starwood Hotels & Resorts, he spearheaded groundbreaking concepts that defined two distinct segments of the high-end hospitality market. His W and St. Regis hotels not only changed the service industry, but also contributed to larger cultural movements. Currently the chairman and CEO of Starwood Capital Group, Sternlicht turns his laser-sharp focus to wellness and green development, rising trends in a post-recession, enlightened world.
Due in late 2014, 1 Hotel & Homes South Beach marks the brand’s inaugural property. Ideally located along 600 feet of oceanfront adjacent to W South Beach, 1 is entirely devoted to wellness and green-certified construction. Its strong commitment to organics ranges from dining to building materials.
Energy efficiency is evident in Energy Star-qualified appliances, casement windows and sliding glass doors, and air-conditioning systems that shut off within minutes when doors are left open. Balconies have been completely rebuilt, including rebar, concrete and glass. Vertical and terrace gardens add to the natural concept.
Stopping at no cost, the meticulous property makeover comes at a price tag of $240 million. 1 Hotel’s 417 guest suites averaging 625 square feet comprise floors 2 through 8. Located on floors 9 through 15, 147 residential units with one, two and three bedrooms are sized from 860 to 2,434 square feet. Sixteen penthouses that may be combined, the largest of which measures 4,500 square feet, have two to four bedrooms and ceiling heights from 9.5 to 11.5 feet. They occupy floors 16 and 17, and aren’t available for sale until the end of 2014.
An environmentally conscience property at 1 Hotel & Homes’ level requires the expertise of Brazilian designer Debora Aguiar, who’s known for natural materials, including leather, wood and stone, as well as natural fibers like silk, linen and cotton in cozy textures. She’s been commissioned for residence interiors and common areas. Her eco-chic aesthetic abounds — driftwood accents, LED lights and eye-pleasing neutrals and pastels that mimic nature’s palette.
Meyer Davis Studio Inc., the New York-based design firm behind several W hotel locations and restaurants, including The Dutch in Miami Beach, is collaborating on the hotel’s suites with Aguiar. Meyer Davis is also designing the hotel lobby and bar.
1’s partnership with New York restaurateur Tom Colicchio is generating considerable buzz. The James Beard award-winning founder of Gramercy Tavern and Craft, among other culinary destinations, is planning a bona fide farm-to-table dining experience that will raise the bar regionally.
1 Hotel & Homes South Beach has four pools beginning with an enormous, central deck, whose main pool is connected to a newly installed, lower level with a lap pool. Both tiers have ocean-level views. A southeast pool receives full-day sun, while a rooftop pool has panoramic views of the ocean, bay and skyline. A 25,000-square-foot fitness center and spa is exclusive to residents and guests.
The property is perfectly situated between South Beach’s Lincoln Road and Art Deco District, and Mid-beach’s tony developments, like Faena House and Soho Beach House. An elevated boardwalk extends north to 44th Street, while a paved path runs south along the beach to Fifth Street. The property is located next to Collins Park and is surrounded by the Bass Museum of Art, Miami City Ballet, W South Beach, Setai South Beach, boutiques like Curve and Pure Therapy, and spas and salons such as Bliss and Warren Tricomi.
For 1 Hotel & Homes, Starwood also partnered with LeFrak, a family-owned real estate firm in New York, whose portfolio encompasses more than 400 buildings totaling 40 million square feet. Previous and current projects are Gateway at Battery Park City, a 186-acre site in North Miami, and Newport, the largest, new waterfront community in the U.S.
Once in a while a brand comes along that does what’s right and makes you feel good. 1 is creating a new place that brings the sounds and textures of nature inside and engages the community outside. A place to experience the sensual goodness that comes from the use of reclaimed materials and a considerate way of doing things. A place to relax, connect and celebrate something that has never been done before. This is 1 Hotel & Homes South Beach.
1 Hotel & Homes South Beach - Building Amenities
- More than 600 linear feet of prime beachfront location in the heart of South Beach, steps from Miami’s best restaurants, cultural centers and retail boutiques
- Thoughtfully designed green building improvements focused on water and energy conservation that will enable the property to become LEED-certified
- Four swimming pools with the largest Atlantic Ocean view in South Beach
- South Beach’s only rooftop pool and restaurant bar with panoramic views of the ocean and Miami’s skyline
- Furnished private pool deck and sand-filled cabana lounges with overscaled furniture
- Full-service oceanfront spa and fitness center with personal trainers
- In-residence massage services
- Streetscape with a new, vibrant retail hub
- Signature farm-to-table restaurant featuring world-renowned chef Tom Colicchio
- Natural and reclaimed materials used throughout common areas and in the private, staffed lobby, which features “living green walls”
- Lobby opens to extensively landscaped outdoor spaces and lush tropical gardens
- 24-hour in-home dining featuring signature menus and private chef services
- 24-hour security, and concierge and bellman services
- 24-hour valet-only parking
- 24-hour, 7 day-a-week service line for general support and assistance
- 24-hour telephone switchboard system for screening calls, wake-up calls, and taking and delivering messages
- Newspapers and packages delivered to your door
- Priority status for hotel room reservations at special resident rates
- Room upgrades based on availability
- Residential VIP signing privileges and direct billing services at the signature restaurant, lounge, pools, spa and other entertainment facilities on the property
- Owner privileges at 1 Hotels in other locations
- Check cashing privileges, and currency conversion and exchange services
- Priority access to all hotel facilities and amenities
- Access to hotel meeting rooms and business center
- Personal shopping and delivery services, including groceries, dry cleaning and pharmacies
- Pre-arrival kitchen and pantry stocking with organic options
- Eco-friendly housekeeping and linen services
- Turn-down service
- Bathroom amenity services
- On-demand maintenance services, including painting and repairs
- Catering services and event planning for private meetings and events
- Technical support services for computers, entertainment centers and telecommunication equipment
- In-home botanical service
1 Hotel & Homes South Beach - Residence Features
Rental Program Information
- 1 Hotel & Homes South Beach is not a condo-hotel, but condo owners will have the option to purchase a hotel package, which finishes and outfits the unit, and qualifies it to be placed into the hotel rental program
- Maintenance will be approximately $1.35 to $1.40 PSF
- No leasing restrictions on condos
- Open floor plans and large spaces create a contemporary, loft-like lifestyle
- Interiors from acclaimed Brazilian designer Debora Aguiar focus on natural materials and textures, adding layers of warmth and sophisticated comfort
- Beach-inspired color palettes and expert attention to every detail
- Dedicated, residence-only private lobby
- Large private balconies featuring spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean and Miami’s skyline
- New floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors and energy-efficient casement windows
- Bosch stacked washing machine and dryer
- Entry door hardware with advanced electronic locking system
- In-unit heating and air conditioning system with integrated energy management technology
- Custom-designed by Debora Aguiar and manufactured in Italy by Italkraft
- White quartz kitchen countertops and Yakarta Blanco porcelain backsplash sit atop white, deep-grained wood veneer lower cabinets with seamless white glass upper cabinets
- Stainless steel appliances by Sub-Zero and Bosch
- Grohe fixtures and Kohler sink basins
- Travertine walls and floors with Emperador marble accents
- White lacquered oak vanities with travertine counters and ample under-counter storage
- Waterworks LEED-compliant bathroom fixtures and dual-flush toilets
- Spectacular oceanfront duplexes with expansive terraces
- Penthouse B (16th floor) units have 12’ ceilings
- Penthouse A (17th floor) units have full-height window walls
- Custom-designed Italkraft kitchens with built-in stacked oven, drawer microwave and coffeemaker
- Stone and teak islands with wine cooler, built-in shelving and integrated seating
- Water filtration system in kitchen
- Locally sourced limestone floors and counters with teak accented vanities in bathrooms
1 Hotel & Homes South Beach - Additional Information
Ocean, City & Bay
Cats and dogs allowed. No reptiles or other animals.
Valet only – I space per condo unit
No leasing restrictions on condos. See also the Rental Program Information above.
Debora Aguiar: residential interior design;
HKS, Inc: residential architect;
Meyer Davis Studio, Inc: hotel interior design;
Kobi Karp Architecture: hotel architect;
EDSA: landscape architect
The LeFrak Organization, Starwood Capital Group and Fortune International
|Units||Beds/Baths||Sq Ft||[Sq Mt]||Download Floor Plan|
|902 - 1502||1/1||1,036||||1 Homes Residence B3|
|904 - 1504||1/1||939||||1 Homes Residence B|
|906 - 1506||1/1.5||970||||1 Homes Residence B1|
|907 - 1007||1/1||951||||1 Homes Residence B5|
|908 - 1508||1/1||939||||1 Homes Residence B|
|1009||1/1||868||||1 Homes Residence B4|
|910 - 1510||1/1.5||970||||1 Homes Residence B1|
|911 - 1211||1/1||868||||1 Homes Residence B4|
|912 - 1512||1/1||939||||1 Homes Residence B|
|913 - 1213||1/1.5||970||||1 Homes Residence B1|
|914 - 1514||1/1.5||970||||1 Homes Residence B1|
|916 - 1516||1/1||939||||1 Homes Residence B|
|918 - 1518||1/1.5||970||||1 Homes Residence B1|
|921 - 1521||1/1||1,000||||1 Homes Residence B2|
|927||1/1||926||||1 Homes Residence B7|
|1027 - 1527||1/1||939||||1 Homes Residence B|
|931 - 1531||1/1.5||970||||1 Homes Residence B1|
|944||1/1||939||||1 Homes Residence B|
|946||1/1||872||||1 Homes Residence B6|
|915 - 1215||2/2.5||1,687||||1 Homes Residence C4|
|920 - 1520||2/2||1,481||||1 Homes Residence C1|
|922 - 1522||2/2.5||1,605||||1 Homes Residence C|
|940||2/2.5||1,597||||1 Homes Residence C10|
|945 - 1245||2/2||1,239||||1 Homes Residence C3|
|1445 - 1545||2/2||1,239||||1 Homes Residence C2|
|1107 - 1507||3/3||1,834||||1 Homes Residence D4|
|1413 - 1513||3/3||1,844||||1 Homes Residence D5|
|1415 - 1515||3/3||2,434||||1 Homes Residence D|
|919 - 1519||3/3||2,122||||1 Homes Residence D1|
|1040 - 1540||3/3.5||2,233||||1 Homes Residence D3|
|1044 - 1544||3/3||1,817||||1 Homes Residence D2|
Click on a category below to find business locations and community services in this neighborhood or enter a new category into the search field.