Oceana Bal Harbour
Bal Harbour, FL 33154
“Oceana Bal Harbour ushers in a new era of classic, luxury living. As Bal Harbour’s last oceanfront lot, it has passion for wide open spaces and dramatic sculptural art,” says Kevin Tomlinson, broker-associate for Calibre International Realty in Miami Beach. “This is the only condo in Bal Harbour parallel to the beach with unobstructed ocean and bay views.”
What was once the famous Bal Harbour Club will become the spectacular, all-new Oceana Bal Harbour – a high-end condominium paradise situated on 5.5 acres of South Florida's most prestigious oceanfront real estate. The 300-foot building sits parallel rather than perpendicular to 400 feet of beach. Oceana’s heightened sense of space is enhanced with 4.8 acres dedicated to open areas. It’s also unusual for a residential lot to be 600 feet wide in Miami-Miami Beach.
Oceana is the crowning achievement of the tony enclave that’s home to the ultra-luxury Bal Harbour Shops and the St. Regis Bal Harbour. Italian architect Piero Lissoni has been commissioned for the common areas. A master of simple elegance, owners have the option to hire him to design their interiors with top-of-the-line appointments. Considering Lissoni’s work with Cassina, Kartell, Swarovski and other luxe brands, buyers are in expert hands.
The glistening shores of Bal Harbour have long been one of the world’s most desired residential destinations. Now at Oceana, the exclusive Bal Harbour experience reaches its modern destiny. Those fortunate to call it home will be immersed in full luxury Miami living. Breathtaking floor-to-ceiling windows and extra-deep balconies open to a world of natural perfection: manicured park spaces, idyllic marinas, picturesque sidewalk cafes, chic shops and some of the area's most gorgeous beaches. Within this limited-edition collection of residences, Oceana offers a rare glimpse of the best the seaside village has to offer.
Oceana Bal Harbour is marked by two exceptional details. First is the stunning, direct ocean view from the valet area, framed by an unprecedented, 60-foot breezeway that cuts through the 28-story building’s center. Bernardo Fort-Brescia of acclaimed developer Arquitectonica describes the grand entrance as a window to the horizon.
The second is contemporary artist Jeff Koons’ Pluto and Proserpina, a gold-colored, stainless steel sculpture polished to a mirrored finish and adorned with live, flowering plants. Oceana Bal Harbour residents collectively own the large-scale artwork that shimmers in the entrance’s reflection pool, as well as another piece titled Ballerina. This creation, made of the same material and painted in bright pink, blue and gold, is on display between the lap and leisure pools in the expansive, oceanside piazza.
So why would a luxury real estate developer offer works by a highly in-demand artist and devote precious square footage to aesthetics? Because he’s Eduardo Costantini, the design-centric founder of Museo Arte Latinoamericano Buenos Aires (MALBA), as well as the CEO and main shareholder in Consultatio S.A., the Argentine powerhouse behind exclusive, upscale projects in Buenos Aires and Uruguay. He quietly brought his high art standards stateside with Oceana Key Biscayne, a sister Florida property due in 2014.
Preferring a revolutionary development approach with added meaning to insiders, for Oceana, Costantini eschewed typical palm trees for Versailles-inspired vegetation, a nod to Koons being selected for the royal chateau’s inaugural solo retrospective of a contemporary artist. Consultatio has a fine eye for every detail, from the finished kitchens and bathrooms to the on-site restaurant, spa and cinema.
Enzo Enea, whose passion for landscape architecture is expressed through curating more than 2,000 species over two decades at Zurich’s Tree Museum, will cultivate tranquil outdoor spaces with formal French gardens for the Bal Harbour condo property. After this carefully thought Miami Beach condo oasis comes to life in 2016, we'll eagerly await Oceana’s next project, wherever it may be.
Oceana Bal Harbour - Building Amenities
- Only new building occupying less than 15 percent of its land
- 5.5 acres with 400 feet of pristine beach and manicured grounds
- LEED-certified (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)
- Olympic-style lap pool
- Recreational pool
- Two outdoor Jacuzzis
- Four cabanas to reserve for residents
- Pool and beach service
- Two clay tennis courts
- Spa and fitness center on two floors
- NFC spa management (operators of Ritz-Carlton Miami Beach, Setai South Beach and Fontainebleau II)
- Private, on-site restaurant
- Salon with full kitchen for events
- Private movie/media room
- Billiard and game room areas
- Lounge/library area
- Kids’ activity room
- Storage available for every unit
- Bike storage available
- Gated entry and concierge service
- Vaulted, 22-foot lobby ceiling
- Shabbat elevator
Oceana Bal Harbour - Residence Features
- Gaggenau appliances
- Italian cabinetry - wood, lacquer white and lacquer gray options
- Marble counters and backsplashes
- Induction stovetop with retractable exhaust fan
- Red and white wine refrigerator
- European natural marble
- Treated Ipe wood floors and textured marble walls in wet areas
- Italian-made bathtubs and washbasins
- Washer and dryer in each unit
- Private foyers with each unit
- Equipped with Concierge Panel for connection to building services and amenities
- Balconies east/west are 9 to 11.5 ft. deep; north/south balconies are approximately 6.5 ft. deep
- Condos on north and south ends offer east-west (ocean-bay) floor-through layouts and wraparound balconies
- West-facing residents will have unobstructed views
- Floors 27 and 28 both feature four penthouses
- Floor 28 also boasts private pools
- Exterior glass is an insulated/laminated system
- Ceilings are approximately 10 ft.
- Solid wood doors throughout
- Specially made windows between 5.5 and 6 feet
Oceana Bal Harbour - Additional Information
Ocean and Bay
Valet and underground self-parking
Consultatio: Lead - Eduardo Costantini
Click on a category below to find business locations and community services in this neighborhood or enter a new category into the search field.