The Miami Beach EDITION
Miami Beach, FL 33140
28 bungalows and
“Ian Schrager has the Midas touch. What he did for New York with Studio 54 and for South Beach with the Delano, he’s doing for Mid-beach with The Miami Beach EDITION,” says Kevin Tomlinson, broker-associate for Calibre International Realty in Miami Beach.
A 3.5-acre private enclave located on a ribbon of land between the Atlantic Ocean and Indian Creek Waterway, The Miami Beach EDITION is not merely a boutique hotel. Here you’ll find an elegantly designed, intricately interlinked complex of structures, spaces and settings that together offer a new kind of luxury resort environment. Every aspect of the traditional beach hotel has been re-imagined for the needs and desires of a new generation, and every thought has been given to enhancing your stay, whether for vacation, relaxation or work.
Pick up a publication or bump into a friend who’s recently been to Miami Beach, and it’s impossible not to hear about The Miami Beach EDITION. This hotel and residential property is white-hot, just as its co-founder’s Delano hotel reinvented South Beach in the ‘90s. Marriott International was brilliant in tapping Ian Schrager to create a joint hospitality brand that’s as luxurious as it is hip. From the moment the place opened in time for Art Basel Miami Beach, it became the buzz of the season.
The Miami Beach EDITION is integral to the renaissance of Mid-beach’s Millionaire’s Row, which might as well be reminted Billionaire’s Row, considering the record-breaking home sales for the region. EDITION’s penthouse quickly sold for $34 million.
The exclusive strip includes Faena House Miami Beach, Soho Beach House, Thompson Miami Beach and the Fontainebleau. The Residences at The Miami Beach EDITION comprise only 26 condominiums ranging from one to four bedrooms and 1,000 to 9,800 square feet. Guided by Schrager’s concept, famed architect John Pawson designed homes that combine a new 18-story structure on the north side with a renovated midcentury modern jewel on the south side.
The Residences have a private entrance, 24-hour door attendant and two private elevators, with total access to Miami Beach EDITION hotel amenities that are unparalleled in South Florida, including a subterranean bowling alley and indoor ice-skating rink.
A hospitality veteran who excels at making guests feel instantly welcomed and comfortable, Schrager made sure that his latest project is designed for owners to move in immediately. This hassle-free lifestyle, which he dubbed, “residential pret-a-porter,” features Pawson’s custom furniture packages and built-ins such as fireplaces, wood panels that conceal flat-screen televisions and wall units with cantilevered concrete benches.
Muted materials like bleached oak and bleached teak evoke the beach-chic locale of EDITION, while necessities such as air-conditioning and heating vents are presented in the most contemporary aesthetics. Schrager and his design team even sourced just the right cookware, tabletop settings and exquisite linens. Select residences offer plunge and lap pools, and the hotel’s two pools are available to all owners.
Beyond ease of living, buyers have been snapping up Miami Beach EDITION units for their “wow” factor. Schrager likes his guests to have fun and feel like kids again. Residents dine on delicious meals prepared at two restaurants by Jean-Georges Vongerichten. The upscale Matador Room offers all the elegance without the white tablecloths, and Market at EDITION has become the place for power lunches.
A white marble pool table in the palm-filled, lantern-lit lobby beckons owners and guests to play. After a long day or flight, the Power Nap treatment puts spa guests into a deep slumber in minutes. Frequent spa-goers relish the cozy beauty of the relaxation lounge.
Schrager’s attention to detail is why just five Miami Beach EDITION residences remain for sale, including three that are officially listed: unit 901, a three-bedroom space with approximately 3,000 interior square feet and 516 exterior square feet; unit 1203, a two-bedroom home with 1,610 interior square feet and 74 exterior square feet, and unit 1503, a one-bedroom residence with approximately 1,000 interior square feet and 168 exterior square feet. Schrager hasn’t released unit 801, which is currently the sales center, or 1101, a three-bedroom unit. Both are approximately the size of unit 901.
The Miami Beach EDITION - Building Amenities
BEACH AND POOLS
- The Beach Club at The Miami Beach EDITION is a private members-only club with access to restaurants, clubs, the beach, pools and more
- 70,000 square feet of beachfront
- Private access to the beach with chaises, umbrellas and towel service
- Lushly landscaped outdoor spaces
- Original swimming pool complete with a period diving board
- Second, large rectangular concrete pool surrounded by custom teak lounges
- Private cabanas with oversized daybeds, mini-refrigerators, private safes and TVs
- The Sandbox, a secluded tropical nook just off the pool and beach, with hammocks, low-lying beds, a ping-pong table and outdoor movie screen
- 9 private treatment rooms, including a custom Hammam room, detox room with a steam shower and far-infrared sauna
- Deep relaxation, central lounge with custom-designed daybeds surrounded by drapery and vintage Moroccan rugs… offering a menu of quick-fix services from aromatherapy inhalation to a Power Nap treatment that simulates four hours of sleep
- Beauty lounge for nail, hair and makeup services
- Spa shop featuring “best of” products and beach/loungewear
- State-of-the-art strength training, weight and cardio equipment
- Personal flat-screen TVs
- Direct access to outdoor classes, including yoga and beach boot camp
- Group and personalized training sessions available
- Headphones and refreshments
By Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten:
- Distinctive modern interpretation of Latin cuisine at the hotel’s signature restaurant, Matador Room
- Matador Terrace features beachfront views
- Matador Bar overlooks the hotel’s pool deck and features black walnut-paneled walls with photographs from renowned French photographer Lucien Clergue. Solid walnut floating bar surrounded by custom furniture and banquettes in soft, jewel-toned velvet
- Market at EDITION is an imaginative reinvention of the classic Miami Beach coffee shop. Part patisserie, part boulangerie, part salumeria, it offers casual, gourmet food around the clock
- Tropicale seduces with casual alfresco dining. The original landmark Sundial restaurant and bar, now restored, offers a palate of fresh and light menu selections. Perfectly paired with ocean views and island tunes
- Lobby Bar: The glamour of 1950s Miami Beach can be found in every detail, from the original gold and marble columns to the Latin-inspired soundtrack. With ocean views, lush interior and a punch fountain
- Basement Miami is a new kind of multidimensional entertainment hub in Miami Beach… a cutting edge “micro-club” and 21st century homage to Ian Schrager’s legendary Studio 54 with world-class DJs, dance floor, and soundstage-quality sound and lighting systems
- 2,000-square-foot indoor ice-skating rink, which comes alive as the canvas for spectacular, constantly color-changing and dramatic lighting effects
- Four-lane bowling alley with oversized LED screen displays and interactive lighting synchronized with bowlers’ movements. Exciting state-of-the-art sound system, luminescent bowling balls and even bowling shoes customized by famed artists, it redefines what a bowling alley is
- Array of sophisticated indoor and outdoor spaces to host intimate gatherings and large-scale galas
- Ideal venues for private events, weddings and conferences with menus by Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Light-filled flexible meeting studios can accommodate a boardroom conference or more formal business gatherings, while a 8,000-square-foot, private event space can host groups over 800
- State-of-the-art audio and visual services
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Complimentary high-speed, wireless Internet access throughout the hotel
- Video conferencing
- Multilingual staff, including a 24-hour multilingual secretarial staff
- Executive car services
- Executive butler services
The Miami Beach EDITION - Residence Features
For a smooth transition into your spectacular new home, The Miami Beach EDITION residences offer a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity: custom-crafted interiors by renowned architect-designers Ian Schrager and John Pawson, including everything you need from linens to dishes and towels to cookware... all pre-selected, unpacked and put away prior to your arrival.
Each of the 26 one-of-a-kind apartments are light-filled with generous living areas and floor-to-ceiling windows. Every detail of the seamlessly flowing spaces is designed to invite effortless continuity between indoor and outdoor living. Pawson uses an unparalleled level of finishes and details to create interiors of maximum comfort, functionality and aesthetic pleasure. Residences feature bleached teak wood flooring throughout, including on the balconies and terraces.
Each residence has Pawson’s magic touch with custom designed, open Bulthaup kitchens with islands, as well as master bathrooms with Italian, white onyx, translucent screens and custom-cast integral concrete bathtubs and sinks. The serene simplicity of Pawson’s designs offers a perfect canvas upon which owners can create individual worlds, reflecting their own tastes, sensibilities and lifestyle. Indeed, there is a residence suitable for every lifestyle.
Taking into consideration that people come to Miami to be outside, the outdoor spaces at The Residences are not merely an afterthought. Gardens in the sky are akin to those found in private homes. These extraordinary outdoor landscapes feature private lap pools and plunge pools, outdoor kitchens, dining areas, fireplaces and pergolas designed by Pawson.
There is enough space for a private outdoor gym or to enjoy yoga, along with soaring panoramic views of both the ocean and the bay, a rarity and unique vista that also showcases the magic of Miami at night. Additionally, many of the homes in the new building feature expansive views of both the city and the bay, while those on the top floors of the hotel have vast ocean views that make you feel as if you are standing on the deck of a ship.
Each and every residence is sleek, sophisticated and tailored to individual needs. A spare color palette and selective use of materials create a superbly coherent design that encourages a focus on experiencing the space rather than distracting the eye. Like blank canvases awaiting completion, the residences, which have extensive wall and floor space for the installation of personal art collections, may be furnished and decorated according to your taste.
These unique homes offer all the benefits of ownership, the services and amenities of a world-class urban resort and a completely managed household without the full expense of maintaining it. Schrager continues to exceed expectations by recognizing what residents want and need before they even know it themselves.
Spacious and elegantly designed, guest rooms feature light oak-paneled walls and a bathroom with a sliding glass door and ivory porcelain-slab floor tiles. Many also offer a private terrace with a direct beachfront view, custom upholstered teak lounge chairs and glazed ceramic side tables.
Sophisticated suites at The Miami Beach EDITION feature a separate seating area and original seascape photographs curated by Trunk Archive. Many also offer a private balcony and option for connecting rooms. Custom furnishings in all suites include an extra-long bleached-oak desk with woven-leather chair, a white-linen chaise longue, black walnut side table and hand-tufted silk and wool area rug.
Each of the beachfront hotel’s one- and two-level bungalows offers privacy, space and style with a bedroom, dining area, living room and balcony. Details include light wood-paneled walls and ivory porcelain-slab floor tiles. Upper-level bungalows include a roof deck with plunge pool, direct ocean view and custom furnishings.
The Residences sit on the top floors of the hotel, as well as in the adjacent 18-story tower. They offer the best of all worlds: the privacy and individuality of a custom, one-of-a-kind home… the benefit of ownership and exclusive access to all the services, and the privileges and amenities of a unique, world-class urban resort. Although part of The Miami Beach EDITION, The Residences have their own dedicated private entrance as well as a celebrity entrance for ultimate privacy.
The Miami Beach EDITION - Additional Information
Ocean, Bay & City
Click on a category below to find business locations and community services in this neighborhood or enter a new category into the search field.