Faena House Miami Beach
Miami Beach, FL 33140
“Faena House in Miami Beach goes above and beyond an ordinary residence or neighborhood. Alan Faena is a proven visionary who’s creating an exclusive cityscape as a cultural hub, much like a fantasy movie set, except it’s a reality for those who will live here," says Kevin Tomlinson, broker-associate for Calibre International Realty in Miami Beach.
Faena is the most buzzed-about residential real estate project in Miami Beach for good reason. Totally unique to South Florida, its cluster of buildings between the ocean and Indian Creek waterway will remake Mid-beach and shift the spotlight from South Beach’s tony South of Fifth neighborhood.
As of late April 2014, the building is sold out, including its $50 million duplex penthouse, the most expensive condominium listing ever in Miami Beach. The five-bedroom, 8,273-square-foot residence boasts an exterior of nearly 10,000 square feet with a 70-foot-long rooftop pool.
As the developer of the incredibly well-received Faena District in Buenos Aires, Faena Group imagines beauty and substance in exotic places. For founder Alan Faena’s international expansion to Miami Beach, he reassembles key players from his original dream team, including partner Len Blavatnik and architects Foster+Partners, as well as newly commissioned talent for an entirely different experience.
For Miami Beach's expansive Faena District, film impresario Baz Luhrmann and his wife, and costume and set designer Catherine Martin (Moulin Rouge!, The Great Gatsby), are designing Faena Saxony Hotel, a landmarked structure. Raymond Jungles is landscaping Faena Gardens, and Rem Koolhaas and his urbanism conglomerate, Office of Metropolitan Architecture (OMA), are behind Faena Arts Center, a multipurpose performance and exhibition space. Faena Bazaar will be an upscale shopping center, and Faena Park will be a colorfully camouflaged, automated parking garage and additional retail complex. Faena Marina on the sizable development’s western edge completes the Faena District's city within Miami Beach.
The overall concept bridges Miami Beach’s past and future by evoking its glamorous heyday, when cabaret clubs ruled the scene with new, noble design materials and state-of-the-art amenities. Besides exteriors, Foster+Partners is also creating fully finished interiors for one- to five-bedroom condominiums. This includes two side-by-side penthouses and a floor-through duplex penthouse. With a total of 47 units, some of which have been combined, there are four condos per floor, with the exception of the penthouses.
An integral part of the authentic design, aleros, the name for the signature Argentine wraparound terraces, range from five to 15 feet wide. They link Faena’s heritage and Florida’s famed indoor-outdoor lifestyle. No Faena House Miami Beach balcony has an obstructed view, and even the northwest balconies offer ocean and sunset views.
Clean, minimal finishings promote convenience, while highlighting peaceful water and skyline views. Their warmth unfolds through floors of solid white oak and seamless, white Venetian terrazzo poured on-site. The kitchens feature glass countertops, and master baths offer opaque glass inlaid with Japanese silk paper. These rich details have attracted discerning international and domestic luxury real estate buyers to snap up nearly every Faena House Miami Beach residence.
Faena House owners have full use of the hotel, which will be overseen by the former managing director of The Little Nell in Aspen. Hotel guests, however, won’t have access to Faena House. The hotel’s eight restaurants, cafes and bars, and 16,000-square-foot wellness center and pool (Faena House includes a second, residents-only pool) can be expected in a development of this quality. But Faena Group takes it a step further through its artistic presentations.
In addition to Faena Arts Center serving as a neighborhood destination, developers are creating a cabaret theater to resurrect Miami Beach’s long history of entertainment. They're also refashioning another historic property with a multimillion-dollar makeover -- the smaller, charming Claridge Hotel, which will appeal to artists in residence and bohemian-minded guests. Faena House understands that diversity fosters synergy, a necessity for a real neighborhood. Their support of the arts is further demonstrated by the annual, juried Faena Prize for the Arts.
Strengthening its commitment to the area, Faena Group also acquired the Versailles oceanfront residential building on Faena House’s north side, ensuring its proper development for new and existing owners.
Faena House Miami Beach - Building Amenities
In addition to Faena House, Faena District includes:
- Faena Saxony Hotel
- Faena Arts Center
- Faena Bazaar and artists-in-residence center
- Faena Marina on Indian Creek
- Faena Gardens
- Faena Park, a state-of-the-art, automated parking complex
General AmenitiesFaena House owners will enjoy exclusive access to thoughtfully conceived and carefully managed amenities. An impeccably trained, multilingual staff and private residents’ concierge will take care of daily needs and special requests with enthusiasm, expertise and resourcefulness.
- Porte cochere entrance with travertine-paved drive
- Dramatic 27-foot, triple-height lobby with polished black concrete fin walls
- Blackened steel finish for all the lobby doors
- Lobby and elevator flooring in polished stone
- Tranquil pools pass through the lobby area into the surrounding landscape
- Three-passenger elevators running at 500 feet/minute
- Dedicated service elevator running at 350 feet/minute
- 24-hour doorman and five-star concierge services
- 24-hour security surveillance
- Secure, private underground parking with 24-hour valet service
- In-house spa with separate men’s and women’s sauna and steam room, dressing rooms, showers and bathrooms
- In-house fitness center with direct ocean views, timber flooring and best-in-class fitness equipment by TechnoGym
- In-house lounge
- In-house children’s playroom
- Attended, private residential Beach Club with cabana service
- Landscaped adults' pool and children’s pool
- Outdoor spaces landscaped to provide delightful common areas as well as more intimate spaces
- Underground service corridor to Faena Hotel
- Smart building technology and custom mobile applications to improve the security and overall living experience
- Ultra-high-speed Internet access
- Faena House owners will also enjoy preferred status and access to all hotel services provided by the highly-anticipated Faena Saxony Hotel located next door, as well as all cultural offerings of the district
Faena House residents will be founding members of Faena Club, a community which will provide exclusive privileges and unique opportunities to its membership, both in the Faena District and around the world. Those accustomed to the highest level of luxurious service and personal access will be pleased to find it here, enriched by the South American flair and spirit that is essential to Faena.
Membership privileges include:
- Access to all Faena Hotel guest services
- Access to members-only facilities in the Faena Miami Beach District
- Priority access to all events
Faena House Miami Beach - Residence Features
- Faena House offers one- to five-bedroom fully finished residences with sleek and impeccably detailed interiors
- Each home has a majestic outdoor living terrace that wraps around its interior, known in Argentina as an “Alero.” Terrace depths range from four to 37 feet
- The Aleros connect with interior spaces seamlessly through a floor-to-ceiling window-wall and sliding door systems that open up to 12.5 feet wide and that are custom designed by Foster+Partners and engineered by Permasteelisa
- Interiors range from 1,307 to 4,730 SF
- Aleros range from 420 to 1,516 SF
- Half-floors range from 4,243 to 6,399 SF
- Half-floor Aleros range from 2,727 to 3,887 SF
- Three one-of-a-kind penthouses crown the residences, with the full-floor penthouse featuring a private interior elevator and outdoor pool
- Full floor is 8,064 interior SF
- Full-floor Alero is 7,299 exterior SF
- 8” light white oak flooring in bedrooms
- All other fixtures and appliances designed or selected by Foster+Partners
- Private or semi-private elevator vestibules and service entrances
- Laundry rooms with full-sized, side-by-side washer and dryer in most residences
- Glass fiber-reinforced concrete married with frameless, curved, hurricane-proof translucent glass
- Ergonomic handrail design made of Corian
- Fan coil system with multiple zones to maintain better temperature and humidity control
- Integrated motorized blinds in dual tone fabric throughout residences
- Custom designed by Molteni & Dada and Foster+Partners
- Complete Miele appliance package: oven, speed oven, warming drawer, induction cooktop (with option for gas), integrated refrigerators, dishwashers, wine refrigerators and coffee system
- White Venetian terrazzo flooring
- One-inch-thick polished Glassos marble countertops
- Custom cabinetry in glossy white lacquer with polished chrome pulls
- Custom overhead light fixtures with fully integrated kitchen hoods
- Painted, low-iron glass backsplash
- Custom-designed by Permasteelisa and Foster+Partners
- Dornbracht polished chrome rain showers and handsets
- Bespoke vanity with integrated sinks in composite stone and custom under-counter
- Touch-latch cabinetry with polished stainless steel trim
- White Thassos marble-finished walls
- Translucent and opaque glass with Japanese silk paper interlay
- Blu Bathworks oval bath
- Duravit Foster Series washbasins
- Dornbracht polished chrome fixtures
- Wall-mounted WC and bidets
- Bianco San Carlo white-figured, marble-honed flooring
- Radiant-heated flooring
Faena House Miami Beach - Additional Information
Ocean, City & Bay
Domesticated animals; no pit bulls
The Faena Group
|Units||Beds/Baths||Sq Ft||[Sq Mt]||Download Floor Plan|
|4D - 14D||1/2||1,307||||Faena House D|
|4C - 14C||2/2/1||2,238||||Faena House C|
|4A - 14A||4/6/1 + Breakfast Room/Bedroom 5, Family Room, Supplemental Quarters||4,730||||Faena House A|
|4B - 14B||4+/5/1 + Supplemental Quarters||4,165||||Faena House B|
|PHA [15th Floor]||4+/6/1 + Family/Dining Room, Media/Bedroom||6,400||||Faena House PHA|
|PHB [15th Floor]||3/4/1 + Indoor/Outdoor Great Room, Supplemental Quarters||4,243||||Faena House PHB|
|PH [16th Floor]||4/5/2 + Indoor/Outdoor Great Room, Dining Area, Media Room/Den, Home Office/Bedroom 5, Lounge + Rooftop Pool||8,273||||Faena House PH|
Click on a category below to find business locations and community services in this neighborhood or enter a new category into the search field.